Whether they're a puppy or a wise senior dog, healthy dog supplements can be crucial for strong bones, healthy guts, and an overall happy pooch.
We have become well accustomed to taking vitamins and minerals as humans - stocking up on vitamin D when we are not feeling well or popping a multivitamin with breakfast to boost our immune system - so why not do the same for our dogs with healthy dog supplements? Every pet owner wants their furry friend to be as healthy as possible, so they can jump into adventures and live a long, tail-wagging life.
We know seeing your best friends struggling with their health can be extremely worrisome. There is a lot of information online that can often be confusing. It’s why we’ve kept things simple with our healthy supplements. They’ve been scientifically developed to provide all of the nutrients, vitamins and organic ingredients to target specific challenges we know dogs tend to face in their lives. But, if you're in any doubt, speak to your local vet and they’ll guide you through potential supplements that can help!
There is not a ‘one-size-fits-all’ dog supplement. You can, however, narrow down your search and opt for a supplement befitting the breed, age and size of your beloved pet. Here are 5 ways healthy supplements can help your dog:
- Supplements provide essential nutrients for your dog. Our probiotic chew contains six strings of bacteria (the good kind!) which help support your furry friend’s gut health and immune system - and means it is way easier when they have to ‘go’! Shop Now
- Dog supplements provide pawrents with peace of mind. If a particular breed has a tendency to suffer from ailments - male bulldogs, boxers and fox terriers are more likely to develop urinary incontinence - supplements are a perfect way to support them, especially in their later years. Our Bladder chews help to detoxify the bladder, resist bad bacteria and prevent infection. Shop Now
- Introducing supplements that include fish oil, biotin, and amino acids can replenish the vital systems that fight common problems such as:
- Bacterial infections
- Fungal infections
- Lice, fleas, and ticks
- Environmental allergies
- Excessive shedding
- Dry, itchy skin
Our unique combination Omega-3 supplement supports healthy skin, brain and heart for your dog - Shop now
- Increase absorption rates: While many dog foods are designed to provide the building blocks of a nutrient-rich diet, most don’t provide the pathways necessary to improve chronically low absorption rates of vital compounds. That’s where supplements come in.
- Support for senior dogs: Healthy supplements are great for dogs in their later, more distinguished years. For senior dogs, supplements that include glucosamine and chondroitin, cushion and lubricate joints to help promote easeful movement, joint support and healthy cartilage for improved shock absorption.
Dog supplements (like ours!) keep our dogs happy and healthy - after all, don’t our dogs deserve the very best? Ready for your pooch to chew down on a healthy supplement? That’s where Active Chews come in…
From wild Alaskan salmon oil topped on regular food to duck-flavoured probiotic chews, our dog supplements are carefully formulated for your four-legged friend to maintain their health. Take our most popular supplement; chicken-flavoured Hip & Joint chew, which improves joint flexibility and relieves inflammation while helping to cushion and lubricate the joints.
Get your paws on our full range of delicious dog chews here - Shop Active Chews
Please Note: Healthy dog supplements are fed as part of a balanced, healthy diet. If you’re unsure, speak to your veterinarian for more information.